IIT JAM 2018 (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc.) is national level exam which is conducted by various Indian Institute Of Science or Indian Institute Of Science rotations wise. It is held for getting admission to Integrated Ph.D. Programmes at IISC and IIT M.Sc. (2 Years), M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-M.Tech., and other PG programmes offered at IIT (Bombay, Delhi, , Hyderabad, Kharagpur, Kanpur, Indore, Patna, Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Gandhinagar Madras, Ropar and Roorkee., In this web page we are providing the information about JAM 2018 like- registration, application, exam pattern and syllabus.
Important Dates- Tentative
|The starting date for online application for IIT JAM 2018||First week September 2017|
|The last date for fee payment through e-challan||First week October 2017|
|The last date for online application||First week October 2017|
|Download Admit Card||January 2018|
|Date of JAM 2018 Examination||Third week February 2018|
|Announcement of Result of JAM 2018||Last week March 2018|
IIT JAM 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for JAM entrance exam 2018 will have to fulfil the following eligibility criteria for admission.
- Indian and Foreign Candidates will be eligible.
- Candidates should have Bachelor’s degree.
- General/OBC-NCL Category candidates, have to require at least 55% aggregate marks. And SC/ST and PwD Category Candidates have to qualify 50% aggregate.
- Candidates who have to appear in the final examination of their qualifying degree in 2018 are also eligible for this entrance exam.
The Candidates who interested to apply for the IIT JAM 2018 follow below step:
- Candidates must visit the official site.
- After this candidate need register there (if new user) or login on the site and then click on apply online for the IIT JAM 2018 exam.
- Then they must carefully fill the application form of the IIT JAM 2018.
- Then after filling the application they have to a payment of the Application fees.
- Finally, They must not forget to save the form
Application fees –
- Candidates have to a payment of the application fees by any mode of payment.
- The candidates can use their Debit/ Credit Cards, NEFT or Bank Challan to make payment for the Application fee.
- General and OBC category candidates have to Rs.1500 for One Paper and Rs.2100 for Both papers.
- For SC/ST and Female, Candidates have to Rs.750 for One Paper and Rs.1050 for Both Papers.
|Type||Objective type test|
|Mode of examination||Computer Based Test|
|Total No. of questions||60 divided into three section viz. A, B, C|
|Examination Marking Scheme||60 questions with 100 marks|
|Negative Marking||There will be no negative marking in Section B and Section C.|
|Time Duration||3 hours|
|Section-B||10 Multiple Select Questions|
|Section-C||20 Numerical Answer Type|