TET Examination 2017
TET full form is Teacher Eligibility Test it is an Indian examination for teachers, and it is known as TET Entrance Examination. The test is compulsory for getting a job in teaching for government schools from Class 1 to 5 (Primary Teacher) Class 6 to 8 (Upper School Teacher) Class 9 to 10 (Secondary School Teacher). Teacher Eligibility Test is conducted by both Central government (CTET) and State governments in India (TET).
In this web page, we are providing all information about TET Exam 2017, like- Important date, Application form, Eligibility, Qualifying Marks, Certificate validation, State wise list of TET examination.Hence, If any changes will occur by the government we will update here. Or can be found onStaet TET Examination Official website like for CTET exam you will get the details at ctet.nic.in
TET Exam 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates who wish to make a career in teaching fields then candidates should have Bachelor degree in Education/ Elementary Education. Such as B.ED, BSTC, M.Ed & other
- For TET exam candidates must have completed B.Ed with at least 60 percent marks.
The following persons will be eligible for appearing in the TET Examination 2017:
- A person who has acquired the education qualifications specified in the NCTE Notification dated 23rd August 2011
- A person who is pursuing any of the teacher education Diploma/degree courses (recognised by the NCTE or the RCI, as the case may be) specified in the NCTE Notification dated 23rd August 2013.
- The eligibility condition for appearing in TET may be relaxed in respect of a State/UT which has been granted relaxation under sub-section (2) of section 23 of the RTE Act. The relaxation will be specified in the Notification issued by the Central Government under that sub-section.
- Age limit: – Not required.
- Nationality: – Indian.
TET Exam 2017 Application form
- Application form will be Available at the official site according to their state.
- The TET Application form 2017 for all states will be published soon at their official website.
- TET is a Compulsory Entrance Examination in all states of India. If the Candidates want to be a teacher for Class 1 to 5( Lower Primary Teacher) and Class 6 to 8 (upper Primary teacher) & Class 9 to 10 (Secondary School Teacher).
- Candidate needs to apply TET Examination 2017 as state wise. Candidate to appear in the TET Examination as in UP its called UP TET, in Uttarakhand its called UTET. NADU its called TN TET, in Rajasthan it’s called R TET etc. But there is another TET exam which is conducted by the Central Government as CBSE is called CTET
TET Exam 2017 Important Dates
- As per the NCTE, the appropriate State Government conducts a TET at least once in a year.
- every state has different exam date sheadual as given below link.
- The Validity Period of TET qualifying certificate for appointment a maximum of seven years for all categories
TET Exam 2017 Syllabus & Examination Pattern
- All questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Every correct answer will carry one mark, with four alternatives out of which one answer will be correct.
- There will not negative marking scheme.
Paper I: 1 to 5 (Primary Teacher)
Paper II: Class 6 to 8 (Upper School Teacher)
The paper I and II: I and II both the papers.
Some state conduct Paper III exam or Category III is for secondary school teacher recruitment.
Total No. of MCQs – 150;
Duration of examination: 1+1/2 hours
Structure and Content (All Compulsory)
|(i) Child Development and Pedagogy||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
Total No. of MCQs – 150;
Duration of examination: 1+1/2
|Child Development & Pedagogy (compulsory)||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|Language I (compulsory)||30||30|
|Language II (compulsory)||30||30|
|For Mathematics and Science teacher: Mathematics and Science or any other subjects teacher||60 MCQs||60|
TET Exam Qualifying Marks:
Candidates have to 60% above marks in the TET Exam. they will consider as a TET pass for teaching department. The candidates will be certified by the TET Certificate by the State Government.
TET Exam 2017 Calendar State wise
July – August October
|State Wise TET Exam||Application date||Exam Date|
|AP TET 2018||JUN 2018||July 2018|
|Assam TET 2017||Jan 2018||–|
|Bihar TET 2017||August-|
|Telangana TET 2018||March||Updated soon|
|Goa TET 2017||Updated soon||Updated soon|
|HTET 2018||16th Dec, 2016||1 st, 2 nd & 3 rd February 2017|
|HP TET 2018||July||Sept/Oct|
|Jharkhand TET 2017||8th September||Nov|
|Lakshadweep TET 2017||July/Aug||Sept/Oct|
|MP TET 2017||July/Aug||Soon|
|Manipur TET 2017||July/Aug||September|
|Meghalaya TET 2017||July/Aug||Sept/Oct|
|Nagaland TET 2017||July/Aug||Sept/Oct|
|Orissa TET 2017||July/Aug||October|
|Rajasthan TET 2017||July/Aug||Sept/Oct|
|Sikkim TET 2018||January||February|
|Tripura TET 2017||July/Aug||Updated soon|
|UP TET 2017||Oct||December|
|WBTET 2017||July/Aug||30 August 2016|
|TN TET 2018||JUN||JULY|
|Gujarat TET 2017||Updated Soon||Updated Soon|
|UK TET 2017||Sept||November|
|Punjab TET 2017||updated soon||updated soon|
|Karnataka TET 2018||Updated Soon||Updated Soon|
You may check from this site-