UPSC will release the official notification for CAPF 2017 very soon (most probably in 12th April 2017). CAPF 2017 Exam will be held in the 23rd July 2017. The candidates are advised to go for complete examination pattern before candidates start their preparation. This will help them to understand the examination pattern and do well performance in the examination.
CAPF Exam Pattern
- There will be held 2 papers in CAPF 2017 examination- paper I and Paper II.
- Paper 1st will contain questions from General Ability & Intelligence and Paper 2nd will be from General Studies, Essay & Comprehension.
- Paper 1st will have multi choice questions type, whereas Paper 2nd will have conventional/descriptive type questions.
- Question paper I will have 125 questions of compulsory type, whereas Paper 2nd will have 20 questions of compulsory type.
- The maximum marks allotted for Paper 1st will be 250, whereas for Paper 2nd will be 200.
- Time duration for paper 1st will be 2 hours, whereas for paper 2nd will be 3 hours.
- There is negative marking scheme for wrong answers for any paper.
Paper-wise CAPF Exam Pattern
Paper 1st (General Ability & Intelligence)
- General mental ability
- General Science
- Indian & world geography
- Indian polity & economy
- History of India
- Current events of national & international importance
The maximum time duration of paper 1st will be 2 hours and total questions will be 125. There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
Paper 2nd (General studies, essay & comprehension)
Paper 2nd will have subjective type. There will be 10 questions (approx.) and total maximum marks will be 200 for paper 2nd. The duration of examination for paper 2nd will be 3 hours.
|Essay writing (approx. 800 words)||80||1|
|Question from comprehension & passage||40||2|
|Counter argument type questions||10||2|
|Other grammar questions||20|
|Total marks for the paper||200|
Note- For extra details about UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern 2017, all the applicants are requested to visit official website.