The NDA stands for National Defence Academy. It is a training institute for cadets (candidates) to get selected in Indian Defence Forces that includes Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy as officers. Candidates approach the academy by clearing a national level entrance examination for NDA (NDA 2018) which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission refer as UPSC. The examination is conducted twist in a year. NDA (I) 2018 will be organised in the month of April 2018 and NDA (II) 2018 will be organised in the month of September 2018. In this Article, we provide detailed information about application form, qualification & age eligibility, important dates, and syllabus & exam pattern.
NDA 2018 notification for exam dates and academic calendar will be released by UPSC. As NDA exam 2018 will be held twice in the year 2018. The authority will be released the exam dates for both exam session.
Exam Name – National Defense Academy and Naval Academy Exam 2018
Known As –NDA & NA 2018
Organize By – Union Public Service Commission
Exam type – All Over the Nation
Important Date (tentative)
|Events||Dates (NDA I)||Dates (NDA II)|
|Notification release||2nd week of January, 2018||1st week of June 2018|
|Application form will release||2nd week of January, 2018||1st week of June 2018|
|Last date for submission application form||1st week February, 2018||Last week of June 2018|
|Admit card will Available||one or two weeks before exam||one or two weeks before exam|
|Examination date||3rd week of April, 2018||2nd week of September 2018|
|Result Announced||May, 2018||October, 2018|
NDA 2018 Application Form Read More
- The applications form will be submitted through online mode from the official website of UPSC.
- The Candidates are advised to fill the application forms carefully because once you submit the application forms, any corrections will not be allowed.
- Candidates also have to upload the scanned photographs & signatures.
- Candidates must note down that there is no need to send the printed application form to the authority.
The Candidates also have to pay the application fee to confirm their candidature
- The Candidates also have to pay the application fee to confirm their candidature.
- The application fee for Gen & OBC candidates is Rs. 100/-.
- The application will be exempted for SC/ST and JCOs/NCOs/Ors sons.
- The application fee can be paid through both online and offline, through online (by net banking/master/debit card) or through offline (by cash in at any branch of SBI) mode.
NDA Eligibility Criteria
NDA 2018 eligibility criteria are prescribed by the conducting body UPSC is same as in 2017. If having any changes we will update here.
- Only unmarried male candidates can apply for NDA 2018.
- For NDA (I), the candidates should not born before 2nd July 1999 & not after 1st July 2002.
- For NDA (II), the candidates should not born before 2nd January 2000 and not after 1st July 2003.
For Air Force & Naval Wings of National Defence Academy & for 10 +2 cadet Entry Scheme at Indian Naval Academy- The Candidates should have cleared 12 th standard or equivalent examination along with Physics & Mathematics from any state education board or university.
For Army Wings of National Defence Academy- The candidates should have cleared 10+2 standard or an equivalent examination recognised by any State education board or university.
The candidates who are appearing in 12 th standard examinations can also apply for NDA 2018.
Physical Standards– The Candidates should be physically fit as per the guidelines produce by National Defence Academy & Naval Academy examinations.
The candidates who have resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces are not eligible to apply for NDA 2018.
NDA Exam Pattern (Read More)
The NDA exam 2018 will be offline based and there will be multi-choice questions (MCQ) type questions in NDA exam. There will be negative marking scheme for each wrong answer. The Candidates will have to use only black ball pen to marks in the examination. The examination will have consists 2 parts- Mathematics & General Ability Test.
The NDA 2017 exam pattern is mentioned below:
|Mathematics||01||2 hours & 30 minutes||300|
|General Ability Test||02||2 hours & 30 minutes||600|
NDA 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of NDA 2018 has been divided into 2 parts- Mathematics and General Ability Test. The General Ability Test will contain questions from different subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, English, General Science, Geography, GK & Current Affairs.
Selection Procedure (SSB Interview)
The candidates will be selected on the basis of marks scored in the written test and SSB interview. The Interview will contain of two stages i.e. stage I and stage II. Stage (I) will consist of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) and Picture Perception & Description Test (PP & DT) and the stage (II) will consist Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests will be organised for 4-5 days. All process will carry 900 marks.