NEET is a famous entrance test in the medical field. NEET 2018 stand for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2018 is a national level medical entrance test conduct by the CBSE Board. NEET is mainly for providing admissions to MBBS/BDS courses invite by all government and private medical institution in India. This exam is commencing once in every year in the month of May. NEET exam has replaced at AIPMT exam. Get admission in MBBS/BDS course in any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET only. In this webpage, candidates can check all latest updates about NEET 2018 like application form, important dates, and Syllabus & exam pattern.
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
|Application will be starting||1st week of December 2017|
|Closing date to submit applications (without late fee)||Last week of December 2017|
|Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE||2nd week of January 2018|
|Last date to submit application form (with late fee)||Last week of January 2018|
|Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE (with late fee)||1st week of February 2018
|Admit card Available from||1st week of April 2018|
|Date of examination||1st week of May 2018|
|Results announcement||1st week of June 2018|
|Counselling will be from||After result announcement|
All the eligibility criteria are mentioned below.
Candidates must be an Indian Nationals or Overseas Citizen of India.
Minimum – 17 years on 31st December of the year of admission.
Maximum – 25 years for general candidates & 30 years for reserved categories.
- Candidates must have passed 12th or equivalent examination from any recognised board of educational along with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology or any other optional subject with English. Appearing candidates are also eligible.
- General candidates must have secured minimum 50% marks in PCB Stream and 45% (for general PH)
- SC/ST/OBC categories candidates must have secured 40%.
Reservation of seats
- SC category- 15%
- ST category- 7.5%
- OBC-Non creamy layer- 27%
- PH category- 3%
- The Candidates have to apply online application from the official website of the authority.
- Candidates are suggesting checking above section and read the eligibility criteria & instructions carefully from official portal before they start the application process.
- Once the application form has submitted, the candidates have to send the confirmation page along with other important documents at below address-
The Assistant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi- 110092
The candidates need to pay the application fee to complete the online application process. The application fee will be paid through both online or offline mode by using debit/ credit card another mode offline (using bank challan) mode.
- For General/OBC- Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 2000/- with late fee)
- For SC/ST/PH- Rs. 550/- (Rs. 1550/- with late fee)
Syllabus and Exam Pattern (Read more)
NEET 2018 will be totally based on pen & paper. The exam will be held in the month of May first week 2018.
- The question paper will comprise a total of 180 multiple choice questions in which candidate have to pick a single correct answer.
- The exam duration will be 3 hours
- The questions will contain question from Chemistry, Physics, Botany and Zoology
- Each right answer will be rewarded with 4 marks.
- Marking scheme will be applied 1 mark for each incorrect answer.
- The exam will conduct in both English, Hindi language.
NEET 2018 Admit Card (Read more)
The NEET Admit Card will be issued most probably in April by online at the official website of NEET exam. The Hall ticket will be available to download by the candidates by entering their registration ID and date of Birth. Admit card won’t be sent by the post. The admit card consists important details of the candidates such as exam schedule, Candidate name, roll number and examination centre.
NEET 2018 Answer Key (Read More)
Answer key of NEET 2018 will be release in the month of June, 2018. With the help of answer key, candidates get the basic idea for their marks in the examination. An answer key is quite helpful in calculating total score of candidate.
NEET 2018 Result
Result will be in the month of June, 2018 tentatively through online mode. Candidate can check and download their result online by entering their registration number and roll number in the given fields.
NEET 2018 Score Card
After announce of the examination result Score card will be release. NEET Score card consists the details of marks and all India rank obtained by the students.
NEET 2018 Cut off
The cut off is a minimum qualifying mark in any exams needed in order to pass the entrance exam. Cut off score base on various factor including a number of candidates, the difficulty level of the entrance test and marking scheme etc.
NEET 2018 Counselling
Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) will be organised 15% All India Quota seats through online mode, tentatively June/July 2018.