VITEEE 2018 Date, Application, Eligibility, Pattern
VITEEE 2018 conducted by VIT University it’s a National Level Engineering Entrance Exam. Candidates who want to get admission into UG B. Tech programmes can apply for this entrance exam. Numbers of candidates apply for this entrance exam every year to get admission into UG engineering courses. There are two university campuses- Chennai campus and Vellore campus. These two campuses admissions will take on the basis of marks obtain by candidates in VITEEE 2018. In this web page, we provide complete details about VITEEE 2018 are given below.
VITEEE 2017: Details
- Name of Entrance Exam: VITEEE 2017
- VITEEE full form: Vellore Institute of Technology – Engineering Entrance Examination
- Conducting Body: VIT University
- Exam Level: University Level
- Exam Mode: Online
- Total Number of B. Tech Seats in VITEEE 2018:5,000
VITEEE 2018: Important Dates
|1||Release of Online Application Form||2nd week of Nov 2017|
|2||Last Date of Registration||Last week of Feb 2018|
|3||Schedule for Exam Slot Booking||2nd week of March 2018|
|4||Admit Card Available||2nd week of March 2018|
|5||Date of VITEEE 2018 Exam||April 2018 to April 2018|
|6||Announcement of Result||24 April 2018|
|7||Counselling Schedule||2nd week of May 2018|
Nationality- The candidates should be an Indian citizen.
- The candidates who are appearing/passed (10+2) standard examination from State Board of Education, CBSE, New Delhi, and The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2018.
- The candidates of NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) also eligible to apply for VITEEE 2018.
- The candidates applying for VITEEE 2018 must have secured 60%marks aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology in the 12th standard examination.
- The candidates who are belong to SC/ST, from J&K and states of North East (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Sikkim & Tripura, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland,) must have secured 50% aggregate in PCM in higher secondary.
Age limit- The candidate appearing for the same examination must have born before 1st July 1996.
- Candidates get VITEEE application form 2018 from the official site.
- Candidates can apply through online mode.
- If candidates face any trouble in registering themselves through online mode then they can apply by offline mode.
- Offline application form can get from the sales counter and the post offices.
- After filled the application form then candidates are required to pay Rs. 940/- as application fee by online mode
- If candidates pay the fee from offline mode then they will have to pay Rs. 990/-.
- The online mode of payment deposit by net banking, debit/ credit card is available but one can deposit by DD mode too.
- Demand draft should be submitted in favour of VIT University.
Candidates are required to send it to –
Vellore – 632014
Tamil Nadu, India.
Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- VITEE consist total 125 questions of MCQ type.
- The examination will be conducted by online mode
- Examination duration will be 2 hours & 30 minutes.
- Candidate will secure 1 mark for each correct solution and there will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
|Sections||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
VITEEE 2018 question paper will contain Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology and English. The examination level will be based on State Board of Higher Secondary Education & CBSE Board.
Candidates can get VITEEE 2018 admit card after the slot booking. The authority will release admit card in the month of March 2018. The VITEEE admit card 2018 will also be providing the candidates via email. The admit card will contain some important specifications like candidate’s photograph, Exam date and Time, examination centre name etc.
The result of VITEEE 2018 will be announced in the month of April 2018. Candidate can check their VITEEE 2018 result through the official web portal of VIT University. The VITEEE 2018 merit list will be based on the candidate’s rank/ marks.
The counselling process of VITEEE 2018 will be performed most probably in the month of May 2018. The candidates shortlisted on the basis of VITEEE 2018 rank will be invited for the counselling.